Proficient Packing – not a phrase you would normally associate with me…after all I am the girl who left for a year trip around Australia with a rucksack, which I packed under the influence of alcohol…an hour before I left for the airport!
However I like to think that over the years my wisdom of worldly travel has advanced, so much so that I now consider myself a Proficient Packer! So much so that I have undertaken the ultimate packing challenge…5 days & a wedding outfit all in a carry on! I have two days at home in Ireland & then 3 days in France for the wedding & let me tell you, I ain’t running the risk of losing my bag…na hah not gonna happen!
This project calls on all my skills & my lessons learned from previous disasters!
Obviously the wedding outfit had to go in neatly with the clutch bag, shawl & shoes I guess I saved some space by putting the jewelry into the clutch bag!
So here it goes;
1. Outfit planning – pick a colour theme & a outfit staple. Mine….no surprise is black….skinny jeans & my shoe love..knee high Boots(which have a tiny heel very practical) I’m also wearing them on the plane to save space.
2. For a brand new outfit for each day I packed some accessories Scarves, jewelry, belts & a combo of cami/tanks/long sleeve tops (rolled take up little to no space used). Also I added a pair of ballerina flats & gladiator flat scandals again light, small & add variety.
Here are the some of necklace choices…which ones to bring??
3. Necessities; Black leather bolero type jacket, light but still a jacket all the same! Charger for my phone (personal), blackberry (work), camera!
4. Cosmetics – ok so we all know they weigh the most! I always keep samples & testers, rob my hotel supply whenever I get the chance! For those special items like my leave in hair treatment I have the reusable containers all less than 100mls and they come with labels!
5. Roll clothes that you can! Put items in your shoes leave no space empty! To make more room available for point 2
6. I am also wearing a hoody and I have a woolly pair of socks in my hand-bag for the flight.
Of course I had to sacrifice some items in the name of space-saving!! But I think in the end my choices will be for every scenario…I hope!! No going back now as I’m on the way to the airport!! 🙂
Let me know your traveling tips!